Safely close active MAME machine to avoid data loss. Fixes #1.
MAME system shutdown plugin
Lua plugin for the MAME UI to shut down a Windows system from the menu.
- Create a new directory called 'shutdown' in the 'plugins' subdirectory of your MAME installation.
- Copy the files 'init.lua' and 'plugin.json' into this directory.
- Fire up MAME.
- Launch a machine from within MAME.
- Pull up the config menu by (by default hit TAB on keyboard).
- Select 'Plugin Options' and then 'System shutdown...'.
- Choose 'Yes' to immediately shut down the Windows based system.
How it works
Using the MAME Lua bindings to interact with the MAME UI this plugin just adds a menu item that executes "shutdown /s /t 0" on the underlying operating system (Windows). This will cause the PC to shut down gracefully without having to leave MAME.
I wrote this plugin because my cabinet setup doesn't have a keyboard or mouse connected by default and I wanted a quick and dirty way to safely shut down with my configured controls from within MAME.
- Support other operating systems.